Chief Executive Officer of the Kenya Association of Travel Agents (KATA) www.katakenya.com
- Josephine Kuria, Lordstown Travel Group Ltd: Mrs. Agnes has qualities of a good leader which include integrity, empathy, humility, influence, and positivity. She is good at reading people and adapting to necessary management styles.
- Stephen Mbatha, Emirates: Agnes has been very instrumental in building a strong collaboration with industry stakeholders, important to note she has bridged the gap between the Ministry of Tourism, Travel Agents, and the Airlines. She has brought harmony to the Travel Industry here in Kenya during pre and Post COVID – 19 pandemic. I must applaud her for arranging a series of webinars during the COVID-19 pandemic, in these platforms Airline have showcased the measure put in place in the wake of the pandemic some of the objectives have been and not limited to; •Key O&Ds that Agents can sell based on the current schedule that provides connectivity to destinations in under 5hrs and also in under 8hrs. This is key as the current data trends are depicting strong recoveries in such destinations – total journey time is a major concern for travelers •Information on group bookings travel protocols. •Focus on F/J travel in terms of Covid19 features that have been extended for these travelers will aid Agents in articulating the same to the Corporate segment. •Baggage allowance – data trends have demonstrated a strong recovery amongst the trader segment, and the key USPs for this segment? Refunds policy and key Pricing guidelines post Covid19.
I nominate Agnes to the International Hall of Tourism Heroes she deserves it
- Esther Mynyiri, Kenyatta University: I warmly nominate Ms. Agnes Mucuha as an International Hall of Tourism Hero.
- Nafisa Salim, Emirates:
- Lenny Malasi, Uganda Airlines
- MosesOmusamiah: Agnes has shown outstanding leadership in KATA since she took over at the helm of the organization. We as an industry, are experiencing more energized and re-imagined engagements under her leadership. This has really gone a long way to ensure Industry Players are sufficiently empowered and hence make Kenya a vibrant market. I do hereby highly recommend Agnes Mucuha for this award.